Monday, May 11, 2015

Finding Peace in Trials

What a great opportunity to have Elder Zwick and his wife tour our mission the end of April. We had two combined zone conferences while he was here.
Hi Family & Friends,
It was great talking to you and the others yesterday. It was a huge boost to me and I really loved it.

I had a feeling Grandma Jane would not live through my mission. It's weird, because the same occurred with Ethan when Grandma June passed, but now with Dallin and I. I'm not too sad, but I regret not emailing her. I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't. I am joyful knowing that she is now reunited with Alvin and is most likely being taught by her own son. I am grateful for that knowledge we have.

Last week was a little rough. We only met two of our goals and it was hard staying positive for a day or two. But I got over it and moved on. I didn't have much to report from this last week, but it should pick up this week. 

Thank you for everything. I hear your voice when I make a decision or when I do laundry. Thank you for being my role model.

I'm trying hard now to not get too upset. Some things that the other Elders do drive me crazy. I'm trying my best to stay positive and keep a cool head. I don't have much in common with my companion and I am struggling to find common ground. I guess this part of the transfer is one of the most difficult. 

Anyways, trying to stay positive. 
                              
Music brings comfort to me when I have a bad day or I feel discouraged, or I don't get along with my companion a particular day.
Thank you for all that you do to support me in my missionary work.
With love, your son,
Elder Kestner