Monday, January 4, 2016

Winter is finally here..or is it?

Christmas Zone Conference in Statesboro for the Savannah , Augusta & North Augusta Zones
Everyone enjoyed the time together & celebrating the Christmas Holiday
 Dear Family & Friends,


Well, Winter has finally arrived! It has been in the 40s most of the day and dips into the 30s at night. Let's just say that we turn the heater on at night. The past couple days I have broken out the sweater that my mom sent for Christmas. It arrived just in time too! The sweater really helps in this South Carolina cold. 

In the last week or so, we have been in a rut, so to speak. We have been struggling to find new investigators and reach our goals. I try to remain optimistic despite  everything. Elder Jordan and I are continually getting along smoothly. There have been some nights when we're in bed when we just talk about different things. Something I have done only once or twice with my companions in the past. 

On Friday, we were tracting on a street up the hill from our apartment. We had started that street a couple days before, but we went back to finish it before we went in for dinner. We knocked on a few doors when one of them opened, and a man named Brett stepped out to talk. One thing about the South is that when we go out tracting, a lot of people stand behind their doors as to shield themselves from us. A curious thing. So Brett, stepped out and we introduced ourselves. He has seen missionaries like us before riding our bikes and such. We talked for a couple minutes, mainly about families. Now, Brett is Catholic but we were able to agree that our church and the Catholic church has a strong stance on family as well as a similar leadership structure. It was nice to have a friendly conversation. Brett said he wouldn't mind if we came back to share more with him. That happening to us brightened our day.The Ward is definitely involved here. We have been asking for referrals and we continually seek them.

As per usual on major Holidays (i.e Independence Day, Halloween, etc) where much craziness happens, we were on lockdown in our apartment from 6 pm to the end of the night on New Year's Eve. We got back and planned for the upcoming week. Wanting something a little different, we ordered pizza from Papa John's using a gift card Elder Jordan's mom sent him. We ordered the special which was a large three topping. We got one with Pepperoni, Sausage, and Green Bell Pepper. We also got an order of Parmesan breadsticks. After eating all of the breadsticks and most of the pizza, we retired to bed with full bellies. 

December, as well as most of 2015, slipped past me. I have decided to make my New Year's Resolution to be this: To make full use of the time I have left to serve the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. I see and feel myself growing and it isn't easy in the least. I am growing to love my mission more and more as I have experiences in sharing the Gospel and uplifting others, both member and non-member. I thank each of you for the prayers you send my way, I see your prayers helping do what the Lord has tasked me to do. For that, I am forever grateful.

I wish yall a Happy New Year and may the Lord send blessing on each of you in everything you do of every day. God Bless and have a great week!

Sincerely,

Elder Alexander Kestner