Monday, March 21, 2016

And the Winner for the N. Augusta Ward Chili Cook-Off is.....

1st Place Winner in the N. Augusta Chili Cook-Off

Dear Family & Friends, 

This was a fast-paced week. A few things before I go through the week, which will be short due to time constraints. I am getting transferred from N. Augusta and I have been relieved of District Leader responsibilities. I am saddened that I am leaving and it certainly wasn't expected. We were just starting to turn this area around finding new investigators. I have grown close to many of the members and investigators here. So, we will be travelling to Macon tomorrow morning, intending on being there at 10 am, a 2 hour drive. It is going to be a short night and a long day... Woody will be taking us, as usual.

The good parts of our week were on Tuesday and this weekend. Tuesday, we had a great lesson with Barbara and Jason on the Plan of Salvation. It was a great lesson and great questions were asked. Barbara has been prepared to hear the Gospel message and we have felt that.

Thursday, we went to Plum Branch with Woody and we taught Brenda the Plan of Salvation. Some parts of the lesson went very well, and others not so much, but the Spirit was felt throughout. At the end of the lesson, we invited her to come to church and to be baptized. She accepted both, but was not able to attend church due to another commitment elsewhere. We then stopped to see Brother and Sister White. We had a great visit and it is apparent to me now and when we first met them, that I will miss them dearly.

Saturday morning, Sister Edgington and Sister Hale had a Baptism! Rosa, their investigator was baptized by Brother Jensen, who had just recently been released as 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. It was a great service and good turn out to support Rosa. She will do great as a new member.

Shortly after the Baptism, we had the N. Augusta Ward Chili Cook-Off. I entered it, with my mom's White Chicken Chili recipe. There were 3 other White Chicken Chili entries and about 4 other chili entries. A lot of good chili. Sis. Gonzalez had lent me a larger Crockpot. I was shocked when I won the whole thing! Apparently a lot of people loved it and it was only my 2nd time cooking it! There were other good chili entries, but this was an awesome way to leave N. Augusta.

This week had a lot of stuff going on, but it was a good last week here in North Augusta. I look forward to emailing y'all with an update on where I am next week. 

Have good week y'all!

Elder Alexander Kestner 
North Augusta Zone pictures at ZTM!
Zone Leaders Elders Allen and Haines along with Elder Murphy
North Augusta Zone pictures at ZTM!
Zone Leaders Elders Allen and Haines along with Elder Murphy

Elder Jordan, Amanda, Donovan(EQ Pres.), Seth Williams & I


The Jensen Family
Elder Jordan, Brother Ferraro & I

Our Investigator, Jason

Gonzalez family and Giovanni Ivy (Amber, Carlina, Tina)