Monday, February 8, 2016

Birthday Week, Super Bowl Hype & Deep Questions

The Birthday Missionary! Happy 21st Elder Kestner

Dear Family,

Another week gone by. A lot of hype about the Super Bowl and such was heard here. There will undoubtedly be some groaning due to the outcome I was just told. Sounds like it was a WEST vs. EAST kind of game. The first time I haven't been able to watch the Super Bowl. At least the Seahawks weren't playing. That would have been tougher for me. The weather has been going up and down for a few days now. One day it's in the 30s and in the 60s the next. It would be hard to shake off an illness if I had one at the present time.

To start, we visited with Garret on Monday. It was another good visit with him and he asked many good questions. But they were the kind of questions that not too many people ask us. He asked some really deep questions like "How do you know if you know the Book of Mormon is true?". We then flipped open to Moroni 10: 3-5 which reads "Behold, I would exhort you when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts." "And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." "And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things". This simple promise by Moroni ensures that anyone who reads the Book of Mormon, God will surely answer their prayers and manifest the truth to them.

I have really been enjoying this area. The members have been so willing to help and assist in any way that they can. We were able  to go with Woody to Plum Branch, SC to contact some referrals and see member couple. We nearly struck out, but we did not dismay. We pressed forward with a positive attitude. Attitude. It means everything. If you are positive, the Spirit is more likely to be felt. I have kept it my goal to be positive no matter what comes.

I appreciate all of the Birthday wishes that y'all have sent my way. I really had an enjoyable Birthday. 

Next one will be when I turn 22 and I will be at 22 months out, incidentally. 

Love y'all!

Elder Alexander Kestner

Someone got spoiled for his birthday! Is that Mtn Dew? 

Cutting the Birthday Cake

A southern meal
This meal is legit! 

Do we have to sing?