Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Down & Out and Right Back In!

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, this week was a little interesting. It picked up later in the week but these weeks tend to happen.

Monday morning I woke up not feeling well at all and my stomach was in absolute turmoil. We shopped and emailed and came back to the apartment where I collapsed in bed. I spent most of the day there...

The next two days were not good for me and I was not getting better. Even though we had supper with the Longerbeams, I could only eat toast and a few bites of rice and that was it for me. We then had Book of Mormon class and then I went on exchanges with Elder Strong.
Elder Chipman ( a Spanish Elder in Auburn)
 The next day I was well enough to eat some oatmeal with good results. Later at lunch, I had some Rice-a-Roni and all was well! We then had RT and then headed to Ft. Mitchell to do service for the Culpeppers. It wasn't strenuous, but I felt slight fatigue two hours in, oh well. Apparently my appetite was improving, because the Culpeppers fed us a supper of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. I didn't eat too much and since then I haven't been able to eat more than one plate. On our way back through, we stopped and got a few pictures in a cotton field. We then visited the Newsomes and they insisted on giving us some caramel cake. They gave two plates to Elder Strong who then gave me the larger slice... I wasn't too happy, to be honest. BUT, I ate what I could. The cake took up most of the plate! We then visited Nicole and exchanged back. 

I was feeling a lot better the next day. Most of our plans fell through, but we had a wonderful meal with Sis. Brewer who made homemade Jambalaya, fried okra, and peach pie with vanilla ice cream. YUM!! She's such a wonderful cook, it was so delicious! We took leftovers home, which is another blessing haha!
Elder Ashton (Lanett)
Saturday we spent contacting some potentials. We were biking up to one and we noticed that there was something in the cul-de-sac. We pick it up and it was one of those USPS tracker scanner thingies. We then saw the mail car go past, so we chased it down and we got it back to the mail woman. That probably made her day and saved her paycheck! We then tried the potential and then stopped at Walgreens and bought a 32 GB micro SD card for $10. Killer Deal! We then visited with Bro. Johnson before biking back to change into suits and getting picked up by the Ft. Mitchell Elders to meet Sam Jones at the church to go to Opelika for a Baptism. The Baptism was for Robert, who was taught by the Ft. Mitchell Elders before he moved up to Auburn. What was also incredible was that AJ Hussey baptized him! It seems like it all came full circle. I had seen AJ baptized by my Trainer and in turn he baptized Robert. I broke me up a little, in a good way. We mingled a little before heading out. On our way back, Sam stopped at a gas station he had been talking about that had good fried chicken. We got some and they turned out to be pretty good! We get back home and we ate and then went to bed. It had been a long day! 
My Boy, Elder Anderson!
Sunday was good . I had the opportunity to teach Gospel Doctrine which happened to be 'The Field is White Already to Harvest'. With a few potato references, the lesson went quite well. After church we went with Bro. Bush to his home before the traditional Sunday lunch. We had lunch and then we got dropped off. We had our studies and then got picked up by Bro. Bush to go to a class/lesson that Bonnie had organized at Bro. Leach's home. The lesson was great. It was us, Sis. Polanco, Bro. Bush, Bro. Leach, and Bonnie. We talked mostly about Church Organization and Priesthood Line of Authority, which was great to discuss. That finished our night and week on a positive note! 

This week had its ups and downs, but all ended well. As much as I don't want to admit it, but next week will be my last weekly email. The Monday after I will be heading home. Thanks for putting up with my craziness! Have a good week y'all!

Elder Alexander Kestner