Monday, June 22, 2015

Things are heating up around here!!

Dear Family & Friends,

This week was great for us with investigators and lessons. We taught 12 lessons and had 4 new investigators. Two of our progressing investigators, Kester and Vanessa, have been coming to church and are meeting with Bishop Zeh on Sunday to discuss their wedding. They have accepted to live the Word of Wisdom which I was worried about how they would react to the invitation. They responded perfectly and Kester had an impression that morning (Thursday), that he doesn't feel like he needs to buy more cigarettes or alcohol. I was relieved and we dumped what little alcohol what was left in the house into the sink. The Lord truly does prepare people for us to teach and bring into the waters of Baptism. 

This week was pretty hot and I will definitely not complain about the hot Idaho weather again. At least the humidity level is much lower there haha. I am trying every day to stay hydrated and when we get home each night I down what water/Powerade is in the fridge. I pick up Powerade to drink every P-Day at Wal-Mart for 80 cents each for a 32 oz. I get about 4 or 5 at a time. They definitely help me re-hydrate after long, hot days of tracting. I never knew I could sweat so much in so short amount of time. My shirts have so far have been stain free. I thank my deodorant for that.. haha. 

This transfer is starting to wind down as we go into Week 5. Elder Stewart will be going home in two weeks time. My hope is that I will stay in the area with who will be my future companion. I'm slowly moving to the realization that yes, we do have some differences and opposing viewpoints and personalities, but that shouldn't interfere with the Work. 

This last week was a glimpse into what one member put it as an "Indian Summer". Which does concern me because it's been in the high 90s most days. It will inevitably get hotter and more muggy. 

That was the main thing I got from last week. As the Work gets better, the weather get hotter. As Elder Holland put in a talk we listened to on Tuesday in District Meeting. I paraphrase; "It has to be at 9:00 pm. It has to be when you're hungry and tired. It has to be the whole street before someone talks to you. It has to be when you're sweating and the car is so close for you to just say "Let's go home". I love how Elder Holland tells it like it is and how this Work is important and surely not easy. But we are all capable of doing great thing when we set our minds to what needs to be done.

I hope for an even better week and to improve myself continually.

Love you and hope you have a great week as well.

Your son,

Elder A. Kestner