Monday, June 29, 2015

Will it be like this for my whole mission?

Hello Friends & Family!

This last week was hard for us. We didn't reach any of our set weekly goals. The few good things I took from this week was that we had our two investigators, Kester and Vanessa come to church. They had meeting with  Bishop Chris Zeh and talked about their marriage plans. It went well and they will continue to meet so they may get married, and soon after, get baptized. 

This week felt like a blur to me. They just keep picking up speed. Will it be like this for my whole mission? 

Last Monday evening, we met with one of our investigators, Terry. He is in his late 40s and has asked quite a few questions. Elder Stewart and I could tell that he reads a lot of anti material. We met with him that evening, prepared to address those questions. He never brought them up. We taught a great Restoration lesson and the Spirit was definitely present. We are still anticipating him asking questions about the Doctrine of the church and Temple Ordinances.

Well, next week, Elder Stewart will be flying back home to Nampa ID. I am hoping I will stay in the area. But I will go where the Lord wants me to go. This Saturday, as everyone may know, is Independence Day. That evening, at 7 pm, we will be going into a lockdown. The reason I have drawn up is this... Alabama  + American Holiday + fireworks & firarms = A loud night indeed haha. We will be in our apartment from that time to the next morning. 

A learning week for us as a companionship. I am slowly getting acclimated to this heat and humidity and how blessed we are to have a car to drive. It is now a fact of life for me that I will sweat each and every day and so far that has happened each day. I drink as much as water as I can and rehydrate with water and powerade when we return to the apartment each night. 

I love being out here and I hope to stay here longer. 

I love you and everyone else reading this,

Elder A. Kestner