Monday, July 20, 2015

A sick week..

Elder Sutton & I at the Howells
Dear Family & Friends,

 I was sick for most of last week. Last Monday, a member gave us money to go to a Mexican restaurant near our apartment. When we finished, we went back to the apartment for the night. I felt a small, icky kind of feeling, indicating I wasn't feeling well. The next morning, I knew why. I woke up with a headache, congestion, and no appetite. I got to maybe 8 o' clock before I said to my companion that I need to go back to bed. I did and I slept off and on until the evening rolled around. The next day, my fever got worse. We went to the Howells and Sister Howells gave me some meds and oils to help me fight off my fever. At the end of the night, my fever was bad and nearly collapsed when we got home. My sleep that night wasn't good at all. I felt like my head was straining to do something. I felt like I was sleeping on bricks and felt like I had a bag of them on my head. I really didn't get a good night's rest until Friday. 


We didn't do much in terms of proselyting the whole week. All that is left from last week is a chest cold and constant coughing and a runny nose. My fever broke last week, thankfully. I am hopeful for a more productive week.The Thompson's came to church again yesterday. That makes 2 weeks in a row. We also received multiple referrals and 2 new investigators in the past 3 days alone. The Lord gave us a boost to a trying week.


Not much else happened that is worth noting. My email next week ought to be better as I hope to get back to full productivity.


I have seen tender mercies by the Lord this week and this week was one of learning and reflection of what I want to be as a missionary. Elder Sutton is a good companion with a weird and at times, inappropriate sense of humor. His trainer did not stress the importance of the schedule and the White Handbook. His music is also that of which a missionary should not be listening to. He also tends to oversleep most mornings and won't wake up unless I tell him to. I do forget sometimes. Looking back, quite a contrast to Elder Stewart. Elder Stewart was obedient in nearly every way and kept the white handbook close. I guess there is something to learn from Elder Sutton. It may be that I will have to be the example. These are just my observations as of now...I love you and hope you have a great day.
 


Hope to hear from you soon.


Love, Elder A. Kestner