Monday, August 17, 2015

I will go and do

AJ & his new bride at their wedding 
Dear Family & Friends,


Well, my time in Phenix City is coming to a close and I am a little sad to leave this wonderful place. I had anticipated that I would get transferred out. I have been here since April 14th. I have been here for 4 months and I have loved it.

 This week went by so quickly and I trying to grasp parts of it. We went to the Thompson's on Tuesday and we had a great discussion on the preexistence. We talked about how the Savior was Divinely chosen to be our Savior knowing that we would need Redemption from the Fall that would happen. Where we are now is a result of our choice of following God's plan for us and accepting Christ as the Savior of All. All who have walked this earth accepted this. As missionaries, we go out to, in reality, help people remember their pre-earth life decision to come down and gain a body that we may become like our Father, who has a perfected body of flesh and bones. This is what Christ was sent here for. To make it possible to live with God again. Members of the Church, including myself, take this as a great comfort of our individual Divine potential of being joint-heirs with Christ. It is wonderful that the Father has this plan for His children and Christ makes it possible for each of us to be cleansed from sin. 

This is the Newsomes. Calvin and Mary 'Blue'

The Thompson family, Yes i have antlers!
On Saturday night was the transfer call. My name was called to basically pack my bags and travel to Macon Tuesday morning. I will miss this place. But such is the life of a missionary. Like Nephi said, "I will go and do". I am excited for what my next area of service will be and who my companion will be when I get to Macon tomorrow. Since the transfer call, I have taken advantage of the opportunity to see those I have grown close to in my 4 months here. Along with pictures with several people already, I have asked a few of them to sign my t-book that will serve a purpose as a reminder of the people I have met here and will continue to do so for years to come. In the whole scheme of things, my mission is short compared to the rest of my life. 

I look forward to serving the people in each of my areas that I have yet to serve in. I know this work won't be easy but it will be so worthwhile. 

Well, I've got packing to go do and people to see today. I love you all and have a great week!

Your son, 

Elder A. Kestner