Monday, August 3, 2015

A week of Miracles!!

Dear Family & Friends,

This week was a vast improvement from the past few weeks. I have seen a few miracles this last week. On Monday of last week we had 3 lessons and had the chance to go give a premature baby a blessing at the request of a member in the ward. The father of the baby was grateful that we came and did that for his child. I recall last Sunday when we were sitting in Sacrament meeting that a child calling out to his father as he passed the sacrament. The simple love of this toddler's love for his Father nearly brought me to tears. It reminded me of the relationship of my father. I have been out 4 months and I see the difference of being away from the comfort of being home with my family. I now realize that I have left my earthly parents to serve my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I have developed a strong love of the work that I am doing. This feeling I get when I serve others is one that I have never before felt. Feelings of a knowing that I work to bring souls unto Christ bring me a great joy. I need to remind myself everyday of my calling as a representative of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that I am where the Lord wants me to be. I will strive to serve diligently and lovingly in each area of my mission. I have a feeling that I will soon leave the Phenix City area to another. I am okay with that.

 Thursday morning we went to an older sister in the ward who is less-active and did some yard work for her. Elder Stewart and I started the project of cutting out the sod in her front yard and putting paver stones down and pea pebbles. The sister, sister Godwin, likes doing gardening when it's cool outside so this path would be very helpful to her. We finished last Thursday and I felt a sense of accomplishment. I will send a picture soon of the finished project. I love being able to help out Sister Godwin with that project as well as doing yard work, like watering her plants and pulling vines out of her fence. I feel good whenever I help out with any kind of service. 

Saturday was our miracle day. We had a referral from Church Headquarters to deliver a copy of Finding Faith in Christ. We went to the address given and what happened next was not expected. We went inside and taught briefly who we are, who Mormons are, and what the Book of Mormon is. WHOA!! The 4 of them in the home all asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon and asked us to come back. This blew my mind and got me re-energized about finding new investigators. I am now more convinced the Lord prepares those who are ready to receive the Restored Gospel. I look forward to teaching them soon...

What a week! We finished it off last night by teaching Shirley and Anthony. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End). With us was William and Nadia Rivers. Nadia is a recent convert since January and she is married to William, who is a convert of a few years who greatly helped the Gospel reach the other members of his family. Having them there was so key to the whole atmosphere of the lesson. It is so much better to have members teach with us, especially a recent convert. Man, I love when a lesson goes so well!

With a great week under my belt, I want to make this one even better. I love you and everyone back home. I hope all goes well. If you see Dallin, let him know that I love him and I am proud of his faithful service to the Lord.

Love, your son,

Elder A. Kestner

P.S..Elder Sutton sure can cook. He made a delicious Asian chicken and a pasta with peanut butter in it. YUM! Could you send Fry Sauce please?