Monday, August 24, 2015

New area, New companion, and Jon Schmidt (Piano Guys) !‏

Dear Family & Friends,


This last Tuesday was transfer meeting in Macon. 74% of the mission companionship's changed in some way. I was transferred to Thomson, GA in the Augusta Zone. My new companion is Elder Conner Thornton. Elder Thornton was in the same Zone (Columbus) when I was being trained by Elder Stewart. I knew of him from Zone Conferences and Transfer meetings. I am getting along well with him. He is motivated and energetic about the Work. I look forward to working with him.

At the Transfer meeting, President Cottle said he had a treat for all of us. A musical guest came and performed a song on the piano. His name is Jon Schmidt. He is the piano player of The Piano Guys. Much shock and amusement went through each missionary present. He played a song of his own composition, "All of Me". Let me just say it was amazing and mind-blowing. The reason of his visit was that his daughter had just finished her mission and he came to Macon to pick her up and perform for most of the Georgia Macon Mission. This was such a treat because I have definitely developed into a fan while I have been on my mission.

A few things have been going on since I arrived in Thomson. We met with Austin, who will be baptized this coming Thursday. The 2nd Baptism I have been part of. I hope all goes well and that Austin will be able to withstand the adversary who will undoubtedly try to stop him from entering the waters of Baptism. I pray that all goes well and that he will keep the faith. 

We met another investigator on Saturday, Becky. She is 64 and her husband just passed away last week. She is such a sweet lady and I already love her. She has gone through several sets of missionaries in the past year. She is Baptist, but has attended our church and has loved the people there. 

That's about all I've got. Wait... When I got to Macon, I found that my tires were cut in a way that indicated that they were slashed. That was not good at all. I'm still looking about how to get it fixed. Another thing, Thomson is a bike area, yet we have a car and 1100 miles a month. We cover 5 counties! 

Anyways, love you and have a great week!

Elder A. Kestner